вторник, мај 17, 2005

Soaring hot day, but I'm registered

Oomph! It's hot today. People appear to get ready for summer (as 30 degrees+ is 'nothing but an omen for what has yet to come'). Half is enjoying it. The other half is complaining. The ignorant few percent like me who doesn't know what to think, happily stays in the middle and more or less just sit it out.

And... yes, the odd registration procedure is finished. What seemed like a defcon 4 situation yesterday is nothing short of a false alarm. You don't carry your own name in your passport, but that of your landlord. You think it's odd? Well, I also thought so, but the officials double checked and... well... The basic thought is that I'm in. But what will happen next week? I don't know if I have to go through all this again. There's a quick flip-flopping of border crossing involved in my schedule. If that happens, will I loose my registration card? Will I have to get a new one (I know the one to this question - YES). It ought to be somewhat more of a routine then. We'll see.

Coming up tomorrow: "How to make a lawn, Skopje Style!"