недела, ноември 19, 2006

Food, doctors and porcelain: Plan B

Friday was the big day. Right after posting the entry about food, doctors and porcelain, some friends arranged a meeting with Doctor E. in the Military Hospital of Skopje. In some way or the other, I was put on transport with a belly full of a lot, but convenience. The night before had been horrible. And still, the runs to the toilet had only 10 minutes breaks. In other words: I was feeling GREATly disastrous.

Doctor E. was kind of too busy to be waiting for me when I stumbled into the emergency. It was a busy morning with quite a few traffic accidents, work muck-ups and other results of mishaps. Many people were treated for all of these and I took a number and got in line. Once it was my time, I could get it all out. The story at least. What happened, how it maybe got there and... well, I guess all of us have had the experience so I don't need to go into any further details.

After a few tests (x-ray, blood and urine), the diagnose was very well explained to my by Docter E. while I was having my lunch through an infusion tube. All appeared to be well. No infections. No bacterias (apart from the probiotics) and no illnesses were found. Had some real bad luck with the food.

To top of the service that I got, Doctor E. was kind enough to share quite a few intestine friendly diet specialties and some other gastronomic recommendations. This was possible as somehow the flow of people needing emergency help came to a halt.

Doctor E. thanks for being wonderful.

[Postscript: It's Sunday evening. The main part of the inconvenience is what I left behind. The food is starting to become tasty again.]